Note: This Cookies Policy is effective as of May 17, 2023
What's a Cookie
When you go online, you use a program called a "browser" (like Apple's Safari or Google's Chrome). Most websites store a small amount of text in the browser - and that text is called a "cookie". Other technologies function similarly to collect data about your browsing activity. Learn more about other technologies in the Help Center. This policy refers to these technologies collectively as "cookies".
There are four categories of cookies we may use:
- Essential cookies are required so Skigit works in the way you expect. Examples of these types of cookies are login cookies which keep you logged in as you scroll through Skigit or search for Pins.
- Analytics cookies which are used for internal analytics and include cookies from providers like Google Analytics.
- Personalization cookies for customizing content, including ads.
- Marketing cookies which are used for advertising Skigit to you off of Skigit.
What we do with the cookies in each category
We may use essential cookies to remember your settings and preferences, like the language you prefer and your privacy settings. Essential cookies let you log in and out of Skigit. Essential cookies are just one way we protect you from security risks. For example, we use them to detect when someone might be trying to hack your Skigit account or spam the Skigit community.
There are a few ways you can choose how cookies are used on Skigit:
- If you're located in the EU or UK, you can adjust your cookie preferences at any time by visiting your Privacy settings and editing your Cookies Preferences. If you've consented to a category of non-essential cookies and later change your mind, you can immediately revoke consent by turning off that cookie category in your settings.
- In the Personalization section of your settings, you can decide whether we use info from our partners and other services to personalize Skigit for you or whether we use information we learn about you on Skigit to market Skigit to you on other sites and apps. Learn more about your options in the Help Center.
- There are also online tools such as Digital Advertising Alliance's Browser Check site which allow you to choose how cookies are used throughout the web based on the device and browser you are using.
- Your browser probably gives you cookie choices. For example, most browsers let you block "third-party cookies," which are cookies from sites other than the one you're visiting. Those options vary from browser to browser, so check your browser settings for more info.
- Some browsers also have a privacy setting called "Do Not Track," which we support. This setting is another way for you to decide whether we use info from our partners and other services to customize Skigit for you. Learn more in the Help Center.
- Finally, your mobile device has settings that allow you to control how ad partners can use information about your use of mobile applications to show ads to you. On Android devices, this setting is called "Opt out of Ads Personalization." On Apple devices, you can adjust your choice by selecting Privacy and then Tracking. Learn more in our Helpful Stuff.